The Rally was a great success again this year!
Thanks to three days of clear blue skies, attendance was good (128 people signed in), and there was a great selection of bikes on display!
Show ‘n’ Shine
At Saturday’s Show ‘n’ Shine, there were eight award categories. Congratulations to the following winners!
- Best stock SR – Rob Rode (1984 SR500). Again!
- Best modified SR – Steven Findlay
- Best XT/TT 500 – Colin Jay
- Best 4 valve (XT/TT/SZR/SRX 600/660) – Peter Hickey (XT600 Ténéré)
- Best non-SR – Tony Jones (Virago XV920R café racer)
- Peoples’ choice – Leno Pirotta (Mazda 10A rotary-powered BMW R50)
- Best rat bike – ‘Mudguard’
- Longest distance – Drew Jackson (for riding his SR500 all the way from Warwick, QLD)
Saturday night raffle
A number of companies kindly donated items for Saturday night’s raffle, resulting in many lucky people winning some great prizes!
A big “thank you” to everyone who donated prizes:
- Andy Strapz, Seaford (VIC)
- Deus ex Machina, Camperdown (NSW)
- KEDO Parts Australia, Raymond Terrace (NSW)
- Motorcycle Trader magazine, Oakleigh (VIC)
Saturday night entertainment
Big thanks to Cracked Pepper for a great set on Saturday night.
Annual General Meeting
At Sunday’s AGM, nominations for the Committee were heard, and the following elections were made:
- President: Jeff Gillman
- Vice Presidents: Paul Newbold, Craig Lemon
- Treasurer: Mike Cowie
- Secretary: Tony Jones
Congratulations to Jeff Gillman (President again), Paul Newbold and Craig Lemon (joint Vice Presidents), and to Mike Cowie and Tony Jones (who retain their positions as Treasurer and Secretary, respectively).