Hi Fellow Club Members,
For those of you who have not paid your club fees in the last few weeks, it is that time of year again,
and you should pay by 30th July 2018. The 30th of June is our Membership renewal date, we like to give
you a little time to pay. When you pay you will be paid up until 30th June 2019.
If you have a bike on a Club Permit using the SR500 club, that bike will be unregistered if you are not
a paid up member!
On a brighter note the annual membership fee is still $25.00!
Also don’t forget the Annual SR500 Club Rally is on in November, see the notice on this web site.
Also it might be a good time to contact us if you have changed your, Address, Telephone number, Email address, Marital status, or T-shirt size recently.
You could fill out a Membership renewal form, and return it to the SR Club.
There are a couple of ways of paying your fees:
The preferred way is to make a direct credit to our bank account:
Account Name = SR500 CLUB, BSB = 033068,
Account Number = 164061.
Put your name in the transaction description field!
or post a cheque with a completed renewal form to our new address at:
SR500 Club Australia, PO Box 500, BRAESIDE, VIC 3195
Or turn up at a Club meeting and pay me directly, I am the old guy, with the eye shade and quill pen!
Regards, Mike Cowie.
The Rally was a great success again this year, even better than last year!
Thanks to three days of clear blue skies (just like the previous year), attendance was good (132 people signed in), and there were some awesome bikes on display!
Show ‘n’ Shine
At Saturday’s Show ‘n’ Shine, there were eight award categories. Congratulations to the following winners!
- Best stock SR – Rob Rode (1984 SR500), again!
- Best modified SR – Geoff Garlick (magnificently modified SR500)
- Best XT/TT 500 – Bob Kerwin (XT500)
- Best 4 valve (XT/TT/SZR/SRX 600/660) – Andrew Wilcox (Yamaha SRX600)
- Best non-SR – Tony Jones (Triumph)
- Peoples’ choice – David Barker (modified SR500, very flash)
- Best rat bike – Andy Brebner (Yamaha FJ1100 )
- Longest distance – Drew Jackson, from Townsville, QLD (rode from Warwick on his SR500)
Saturday night raffle
A number of companies kindly donated items for Saturday night’s raffle, resulting in many lucky people winning some great prizes!
A big “thank you” to everyone who donated prizes. It was the biggest and best raffle to date!
- Andy Strapz, Seaford (VIC)
- Court House Hotel, Bethanga (VIC)
- Deus ex Machina, Camperdown (NSW)
- KEDO Parts Australia, Raymond Terrace (NSW)
- Motorcycle Trader magazine, Oakleigh (VIC)
- Old Bike Australasia magazine, St Leonards (NSW)
- Vanem, Lane Cove (NSW)
- Victorian Motorcycle Wreckers, Heidelberg West (VIC)
Saturday night entertainment
Big thanks to Dale Lindrea and his band, The Vanguards Trio, for a great set on Saturday night.
Annual General Meeting
At Sunday’s AGM, nominations for the Committee were heard, and the following elections were made:
- President: Jeff Gillman
- Vice President: Craig Lemon
- Treasurer: Mike Cowie
- Secretary: Tony Jones
The Club wishes to thank Andy Hunt for being a dedicated President / Vice President for the past 8 years! Andy chose to decline nomination altogether this year (but the Committee may still need his help from time to time!).
Congratulations to Jeff Gillman (President again), Craig Lemon (remains as Vice President), and to Mike Cowie and Tony Jones (who retain their positions as Treasurer and Secretary, respectively).