The Rally was a great success again this year, even better than last year!
Thanks to three days of clear blue skies (just like the previous year), attendance was good (132 people signed in), and there were some awesome bikes on display!
Show ‘n’ Shine
At Saturday’s Show ‘n’ Shine, there were eight award categories. Congratulations to the following winners!
- Best stock SR – Rob Rode (1984 SR500), again! We need to nobble this guy!
- Best modified SR – Geoff Garlick (magnificently modified SR500)
- Best XT/TT 500 – Bob Kerwin (XT500)
- Best 4 valve (XT/TT/SZR/SRX 600/660) – Andrew Wilcox (Yamaha SRX600)
- Best non-SR – Tony Jones (Triumph)
- Peoples’ choice – David Barker (modified SR500, very flash)
- Best rat bike – Andy Brebner (Yamaha FJ1100 )
- Longest distance – Drew Jackson, from Townsville, QLD (rode from Warwick on his SR500)
Saturday night raffle
A number of companies kindly donated items for Saturday night’s raffle, resulting in many lucky people winning some great prizes!
A big “thank you” to everyone who donated prizes. It was the biggest and best raffle to date:
- Andy Strapz, Seaford (VIC)
- Court House Hotel, Bethanga (VIC)
- Deus ex Machina, Camperdown (NSW)
- KEDO Parts Australia, Raymond Terrace (NSW)
- Motorcycle Trader magazine, Oakleigh (VIC)
- Old Bike Australasia magazine, St Leonards (NSW)
- Vanem, Lane Cove (NSW)
- Victorian Motorcycle Wreckers, Heidelberg West (VIC)
Annual General Meeting
At Sunday’s AGM, nominations for the Committee were heard, and the following elections were made:
- President: Jeff Gillman
- Vice President: Craig Lemon
- Treasurer: Mike Cowie
- Secretary: Tony Jones
The Club wishes to thank Andy Hunt for being a dedicated President / Vice President for the past 8 years! Andy chose to decline nomination altogether this year (but the Committee may still need his help from time to time!).
Congratulations to Jeff Gillman (President again), Craig Lemon (remains as Vice President), and to Mike Cowie and Tony Jones (who retain their positions as Treasurer and Secretary, respectively).