The Rally was a great success again this year!
Thanks to three days of fine weather and daily temperatures of 30°C, attendance was good (~125 people signed in), and there was a great selection of bikes on display!
Show ‘n’ Shine
At Saturday’s Show ‘n’ Shine, there were eight award categories. Congratulations to the following winners!
- Best stock SR – Mathew Rode (1984 SR500), again!
- Best modified SR – Steven Findlay, again!
- Best XT/TT 500 – Brendan van de Zand
- Best 4/5 valve (XT/TT/SZR/SRX 600/660) – Mark ‘Alistair’ Cumberland (SZR660)
- Best non-SR – Chris Rowley (Honda Super Hawk), again!
- Peoples’ choice – Bruce Reid (Honda CBX)
- Best rat bike – Gary Cuthbert (SR500)
- Longest distance – Drew Jackson (all the way from Warwick, QLD)
Saturday night raffle
A number of companies kindly donated items for Saturday night’s raffle, resulting in many lucky people winning some great prizes!
A big “thank you” to everyone who donated prizes:
- Andy Strapz, Seaford (VIC)
- Deus ex Machina, Camperdown (NSW)
- KEDO Parts Australia, Raymond Terrace (NSW)
- Ikon Suspension, North Albury (NSW)
- Vanem, Lane Cove (NSW)
- Yamaha Australia
- Motorcycle Trader magazine, Oakleigh (VIC)
Annual General Meeting
At Sunday’s AGM, nominations for the Committee were heard, and the following elections were made:
- President: Jeff Gillman
- Vice President: Paul Newbold
- Treasurer: Craig Lemon
- Secretary: Mike Haysom
Congratulations to Jeff Gillman, Paul Newbold, and Mike Haysom (who retain their positions as President, Vice President, and Secretary, respectively), and to Craig Lemon, who takes on the role of Treasurer, after Mike Cowie chose to stand down. Thanks, Mike, for all your work managing the Club’s finances, memberships, etc., these last five years.