The Rally was a resounding success again this year!
Thanks to three days of clear blue skies, attendance was good (112 people signed in), and there was a great selection of bikes on display!
Show ‘n’ Shine
At Saturday’s Show ‘n’ Shine, there were eight award categories. Congratulations to the following winners!
- Best stock SR – Rob Rode (1984 SR500)
- Best modified SR – Luke Pirotta (SR500 engine in a GSX-R400 frame)
- Best XT/TT 500 – Peter Taylor (1976 XT500)
- Best 4 Valve (XT/TT/SZR/SRX 600/660) – Paul Newbold (1983 XT600 Ténéré)
- Best non-SR – Maurice Thompson (Kawazaki Z900)
- Peoples’ choice – Leno Pirotta (Triton)
- Best rat bike – Ian Hamilton (Honda CL90)
- Longest distance – Millsie from Warwick, QLD
Saturday night Raffle
A number of people and companies kindly donated items for Saturday night’s Raffle, resulting in many lucky people winning some great prizes!
A big “thank you” to everyone who donated prizes:
- Deus ex Machina, Camperdown (NSW)
- Andy Strapz, Frankston (VIC)
- Limerick Castle Hotel, North Melbourne (VIC) – meal voucher
- Russell MacDonald – 2 nights accommodation at a hotel in the Melbourne CBD
- Victorian Motorcycle Wreckers, Heidelberg West – parts for the trophies
Annual General Meeting
At Sunday’s AGM, nominations for the Committee were heard, and the following elections were made:
- President: Jeff Gillman
- Vice President(s): Andy Hunt, Craig Lemon
- Treasurer: Mike Cowie
- Secretary: Tony Jones
The Club wishes to thank Andy Hunt for being a dedicated President for the past 7 years! Andy chose to decline nomination to be President again, and accepted nomination for Vice President instead.
Congratulations to Jeff Gillman (who is our new President), and to Mike Cowie and Tony Jones (who retain their positions as Treasurer and Secretary, respectively).