CLUB PERMIT SCHEME REGULATIONS FOR VICTORIA
You must be a current, financial member to use the Club Permit Scheme, and your motorcycle must be at least 25 years old.
- Get a Roadworthy Certificate (RWC).
Note: Motorcycles manufactured prior to 1947 are exempt from this requirement.
- Get a VASS Approval Certificate, if the vehicle has never been registered in Australia (e.g. a grey import), or is modified. There is a list of businesses which offer the VASS service on the VicRoads website (it’s all about bringing your bike up to ADR requirements).
- Arrange to take your motorcycle to one of the Club Scrutineers, who will verify that the motorcycle is indeed the one described on the application. The Club Scrutineer will take photographs of the motorcycle (front, back, left side, right side, VIN, and engine number). They may also need to verify with the Club Treasurer that you are a current, financial member.
- Complete a Club permit application form, and have it signed by an authorised officer of the Club (i.e. President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, or Club Safety Officer).
- Ask the Club Scrutineer to complete a Vehicle eligibility and standards declaration (VESD) form.
- Visit a VicRoads office, taking ID, proof of ownership (e.g. purchase receipt), and original RWC, VASS approval (if applicable), permit application, and VESD forms.
- Advise the Club Scrutineer of your new Permit number within 24 hours.
You are then all set to go, but remember, your log book must be filled in daily, prior to each trip. The penalty for riding a red-plated motorcycle without filling in your log book is the same as for riding an unregistered vehicle, i.e. $800 and 3 demerit points (the only exception is riding it within 100 mtrs of your home address, for testing purposes).
Remember, your motorcycle cannot be sold with a red plate still attached, as being just a permit, it is for the one club member and one motorcycle.
When you receive your renewal form from VicRoads, ask the Club Treasurer, or any of the other approved officials (see below), to sign the form to declare that you are a current member of the Club (you must be a financial member!).
- Scrutineers (can sign VESD forms):
Derek Pickard, Andy Hunt, Mike Haysom, David Baker, Craig Lemon.
- Approved officials (can sign permit applications and renewals):
Jeff Gillman (Pres), Paul Newbold (Vice Pres), Mike Haysom (Secretary), Craig Lemon (Treasurer), Mike Cowie (Club Safety Officer).
For contact details for the Club Scrutineers and approved officials, log in to this website first (using your Club membership no. and password), and then click here.
Or e-mail the Club for details: