Paul Newbold’s big ride, Athens to Vladivostok.
Photos courtesy of Kuzgun Motor, Istanbul.
A ride around the Bay in a day.
Club Ride to Red Plate Café, Yea, on Sunday 1st June 2014.
Groff and Guy Allen from M/C Trader Magazine toured Vietnam on a big ride from Ha Noi, up to the Chinese border, and back. The group of 20 riders included several members of the SR500 Club.
Club Ride to Moto Bean Coffee Roasters, Malmsbury (VIC)
When: Sunday, 15th March 2015
The Rally was a great success, with over 130 registering at the control tent from all corners of Australia, plus many locals visiting to see the range of bikes on display.
Show ‘n’ Shine
At Saturday’s Show ‘n’ Shine, there were eight award categories. Congratulations to the following winners!
- Longest distance – Drew Jackson (Townsville, QLD)
- Best rat bike – Janine McGinness (Lambretta)
- Best non-SR – Brendan van de Zand (Maicoletta)
- Peoples’ choice – Ken Swinnerton (‘BSR’ – BSA/SR hybrid)
- Best stock-ish SR – Rob Rode
- Best modified SR – David Barker (alloy petrol tank, TZ front drum brake)
- Best XT/TT 500 – Colin Jay
- Best XT/TT/SZR/SRX 600/660 – David Prior (yellow SRX)
Saturday night raffle
A number of companies kindly donated items for Saturday night’s raffle, resulting in many lucky people winning some great prizes.
A big “thank you” to our generous supporters:
- Motorcycle Trader
- Deus ex Machina, Camperdown (NSW)
- Raceline Motorcycles, Ballarat (VIC)
- Peter Stevens Motor Cycles, Geelong (VIC)
- Andy Strapz, Frankston (VIC)
- Bikes & Bits Importers, Mundaring (WA)
- Yamaha Australia, Wetherill Park (NSW)
- Pitmans Yamaha, Blair Athol (SA)
Saturday night entertainment
Big thanks to Back Porch Fridaze for a great set on Saturday night.
Annual General Meeting
At Sunday’s AGM, nominations for the Committee were heard, and the following elections were made:
- President: Andy Hunt
- Vice President(s): Jeff Gillman, Craig Lemon
- Treasurer: Mike Cowie
- Secretary: Tony Jones