It is the beginning of November, and normally, at this time of year, preparations would be well underway for our annual Rally at Bethanga.
But, unfortunately, once again, 2021 has been no normal year.
Even though restrictions are easing, and the VIC/NSW border has now reopened, there are still rules in place for organising public events such as our Rally. These rules include:
- having an approved COVIDSafe Event Plan
- having control of all entry/exit points
- keeping electronic records of all attendees (QR Codes)
- confirming that attendees are double-vaccinated
- ensuring mask wearing requirements are reinforced
The Committee has come to the conclusion that creating and enforcing these rules would be too difficult to do to ensure the safety of all attendees and the Bethanga community.
For this reason, we have come to the difficult conclusion that we cannot go ahead with the Rally again this year.
We are very sorry to disappoint all our members who regularly attend the Rally each year. This is a decision that has not been taken lightly.