|Date Posted:||Friday, 25 January 2019|
Club member, Shannon Dolan, is selling his 1991 BMW R80 (to make room for a new four-wheel toy).
“The bike came from Adelaide and was used mainly for touring before I purchased it, still with very low kms about 4 yrs ago. I purchased it mainly for club events and coffee runs on weekends. The bike is the more balanced 800 cc, it idles and runs smoothly, never burns any oil and never fails to start, even on cold Melbourne mornings. A well-sorted bike, and always serviced at regular intervals.
- New Avon tyres with only around 1,000 km of use.
- New battery.
- Adjustable Ohlins rear shock added by the last owner for touring, and it’s great to add a few clicks to if you’re riding two-up.
- This is the mono-shock version with the one-sided swing arm. This version is much stiffer and more planted than the twin-shock version (if you ever decide to tuck in and try and get the heads down on a twisting road).
- Running stainless cross-over pipes instead of the front muffler box. Doesn’t make the bike much louder, just much lighter, and better breathing for the engine.
- If you need any extra pics or a video of the bike running, get in touch.
- Bike currently on Club plates.
- The bike uses BMW GS rear indicators, but the original bar-style can be put back if that’s more your style.”
More details and pics at gumtree.com.au
Contact: Shannon Dolan
Phone: 0403 873 687