Ellaspede (a custom motorbike and lifestyle business in Brisbane) has just released two Tracker Conversion Kits for the Yamaha SR400.
The kits are designed to be easy enough to bolt on in an afternoon or evening to transform your standard Yamaha SR400 into a custom tracker!
The Seat Conversion Kit and the Complete Conversion Kit are designed for EFI SR400s, but may also be retro-fitted to any SR400 back to 1978. The kits have been designed to be 100% ‘bolt-on’, without the need for any frame modifications, which is beneficial to owners / home-builders who wish to retain factory frame warranties.
The Seat Conversion Kit includes:
- UV-rated vinyl seat in diamond pattern finish
- OEM-quality rear cowl made from automotive grade plastic
- Structural aluminium reinforcement mounting plate
- Integrated brake and tail light
- Ellaspede SR400 Ninja Star Licence Plate Kit with rear reflector and number plate light
- All required bolts and fasteners
- Easy plug and play electrics which don’t require cutting or soldering
The Complete Conversion Kit includes all of the above, plus:
- SR400 MX-style tracker handlebars
- Ellaspede SR400 tracker front guard
- GOODS Japan SR400 EFI muffler
- POSH speedometer
- Ikon Suspension tracker rear shocks
- Aftermarket tracker headlight
- POSH Chamfer indicators and brackets
- Aftermarket mirrors
The kits don’t require any specialist tools, welding, or your own personal mechanic to install! A basic set of hand tools is all you need to unbolt the standard parts and replace them. Customise your bike on a Saturday, and be out riding on Sunday!
The SR400 shown in the photos below (dubbed the ‘White Knight’) was designed to showcase the conversion. Ellaspede took it a little further and designed a Kenny Roberts / Yamaha speed block-inspired livery, and added a tracker front plate, but apart from that, the bike features the Seat Conversion Kit and many of the optional parts from the Complete Conversion Kit as well.
The Seat Conversion Kit rear cowl ships in a gloss black finish as standard, but the factory SR400 grey can be specified as an option at time of purchase. A range of Ellaspede SR400 Tracker sticker kits will also be available to quickly transform the standard grey finish into something a little more ‘racey’, much like applying new stickers to an MX or enduro bike.
The ‘White Knight’ has since been fitted with an Ellaspede SR400 Ninja Star Licence Plate Kit, headlight, indicators and mirrors, ready to hit the city streets and dirt roads around Brisbane!
Both conversion kits are currently being produced and will be ready for shipping from August 2017.